Who wouldn’t think of a getaway to a place like Shimla? A Shimla tour package will let you explore this summer getaway to the fullest. Come with us and explore the best places in Shimla and feel everything come alive.
Here’s a list of what to see and do when you plan your trip to Shimla:-
- The Ridge: Rich colonial architecture largely defines the Ridge. Walk down the roads to marvel at the beauty of the past. What catches one’s eye are the beautiful cottages that sit along the road. Home to a lot of cultural activities, you can even enjoy a spot of shopping with a visit to the Lakkar Bazaar if you want to pick up something in wood.
- Jakhoo: A popular tourist stop is the Jakhoo Temple. This ancient temple devoted to Lord Hanuman is famous for the celebrations of Dussehra. According to legends, it is believed that Lord Ram stopped at this place for a break while he was in search of Sanjeevni Booti. Here, you will also find the 108 feet tall statue of Lord Hanuman. It offers mesmerising views as it sits on top the Jakhoo Hill.
- Kotkhai Palace: The splendour and beauty of the Kotkhai Palace is just remarkable. Constructed by King Rana Sahab, it is situated in the valley of Kotkhai. The palace stands tall flaunting its Tibetan architecture and intricate carvings.
- Kufri: At a height of 8,000 feet, Kufri is a scenic hill station that’s situated in the Shimla district. Kufri also serves as a popular spot for skiing lovers. Visit the highest peak, Mahasu Peak and the nature park that’s home to many animals and birds. You can also enjoy some other attractions like the Kufri Fun World and the Chini Bungalow.
- Christ Church: This ancient church is famous for its neo-gothic rich architecture and collection of books and sculptures. The sculptures in stain glass depict the Christian teachings beautifully. You will find that Christ Church still stands today and is very well looked after.
- Kalka Shimla Mail: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Kalka Shimla Mail will add a lovely touch to your visit to Shimla. Get a ride on any of the trains – ranging from toy trains to luxury ones. The ride takes you through jungles and tunnels, giving you the joy of panoramic and breath-taking views.
Join us on our Shimla holiday packages and enjoy all the way!