Roorkee Institute of Technology (RIT) and Himalayan College operate in unison under Himalayan Charitable Trust. B.Sc. Agriculture is a 4 years long Undergraduate Bachelor Degree program. 12th Science stream students, who have an interest in the sector of agriculture, may pursue this course. Since India is an agrarian country, this field will never run out of job opportunities. To be honest, qualified professionals are always valued, when it comes to agriculture sector. Thus, it is evident that there is more than just one reason to pursue this course!
The main aim of this program is to use the above mentioned concepts to train students improve agriculture productivity, manage products and pave way for future developments through research activities.
• All students must have passed 10+2 (with science stream) examination with a minimum of 45% equivalent CGPA marks can join the B.Sc. Agriculture course.
• The students are generally admitted on the basis of personal interview and written examination conducted by institute.
• The course is affiliated with Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University (A Central University) Srinagar (Garhwal) Uttarakhand
B.Sc. Agriculture : Scope & Job Prospects
Lots of Government as well as Private job opportunities are present in front of Graduates. Talking about Government jobs, State Agriculture Departments recruits Graduates to fill up Officer level posts. Government Banks also recruits Graduates to fill up Officer level posts (generally dealing with Loans).
Talking about Private Sector jobs, graduates may find jobs as Managers at Plantations, as Officers at Fertilizer Manufacturing firms, Agriculture Machinery Industries, Agricultural Products Marketing firms, Food processing units etc.
Some well known job posts available in front of Graduates are-
- Research Officer
- Quality Assurance Officer
- Agriculture Officer
- Agriculture Loan Officer (in Banks)
- Production Manager
- Operations Manager
- Farm Manager