The fast-paced working environment in call center could turn anyone literally crazy. With so much work around and not enough tools to support, the pandemonium increases day by day. Certainly, there are multitudes of challenges faced by the call centers on a daily basis and resolving/overcoming them at the earliest is a necessity for a targeted progress.
Let us give a brief preview of several challenges at the call centers.
1. Appalling attrition rate – This one’s causing more problems than anything and even if we want to cut it down, it isn’t possible. Once an agent leaves, the new costs of recruiting, hiring and training piles up on the existing expenses.
2. Accurate reporting demands – A call center makes various managerial decisions based on the reports and for that reason, they have to be in the accurate forms. The managers face a colossal problem of generating accurate reports for various departments.
3. Demanding customer service – Notably, the customers attrition rate is also high because their expectations are too high from the customer representatives and if the same is not provided, they just switch.
4. Social media outrage – The customers vent out their anger on the social media forums and complaints against the company, which is completely nightmarish for the company’s reputation.
It would become a long list to feature all those challenges. To help fight those challenges, a call center software can come as a potential rescue solution. Not that the problems will diminish at one go, but it offers sufficient ammunition to fight off the tough situations ahead.
What are the advantages of such software?
We can highlight a plethora of points for that, but we will precisely put the effective advantages provided by these software packages so far.
5. Meeting reporting demands and First-call resolution, Interacting handling time, agent effectiveness, call quality, etc. feature on the list of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and their measurements are necessary for timely improvement. Similarly, the built-in reports would help the managers in the long run.
6. Business improving features – Advantages of something like predictive dialer software are tough to ignore. It enhances the efficiency to a whole new level by redirecting the calls to available agents. In addition, it helps in monitoring the performance of the agents.
7. Cost reduction measures – Referring to the point above, we can also highlight one of the major advantages that using this software eliminates any need of an operator who routes the call to agents and maintains the call log. Moreover, there is no need of installing expensive PBX systems.
8. Cloud benefits – Yes, the hosted call center has benefited an organization in more than one way. For example, it helps in automatic call distribution based on different categories. Cloud storage helps in storing the call recordings that are used for various purposes, including training and examining a dispute.
With so many advantages, the call center solution has a potential to bring performance back on track for an organization.
Alan Bargen is a Software Professional and has written several articles about call center software solutions. He recommends a hosted call center has advantages in many aspects that will benefit the organization in operational cases. Adding that the predictive dialer software has increased the agent efficiency to an impressive level.