Hair is one of the most significant parts of human look. Every human being irrespective of the gender gets a confidence with beautiful hair and so they try to keep no stones unturned to maintain them. Hair fall and receding hairlines are a common thing in today’s world. With the considerable increase in the hectic schedule of everyday life, to the rise in the pollution level, people are unknowingly damaging their most prized possession, hair. Therefore, to maintain hair there are several ways, some that are homemade therapies, some needs certain medicines and certain needs serious medical treatment and expert advice.
When it comes to treatment the first thing that comes to our mind is hair transplant. But there are several other approaches that can also successfully treat the hair loss. Listed below are certain steps that can be taken to overcome the hair loss and also grow back hair.
- Homemade Remedies:
It is better to use homemade remedies for treating the early signs of hair loss. There are certain ingredients that are available almost in every household. They provide wonderful prevention from hair loss. Certain steps to fight receding hairlines are discussed below:
- Coconut: Massage your scalp with warm coconut oil and apply coconut milk or grated coconut in the area that is balding. Keep it for an hour and wash or you can keep overnight before washing too.
- Onion juice: Twice a week apply onion juice to your scalp and let it stay for about 15 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo. You will see results in 15 days.
- Hibiscus: Make a paste of few crushed flowers with sesame or coconut oil and apply it on your scalp. Keep it there for an hour and a half and rinse wash off.
- Egg: They work wonders for hair. Take out the egg white and mix a teaspoon of olive oil and beat well. Apply the mixture and leave for maximum 30 minutes and wash off using the mild shampoo.
- Amla or Indian gooseberry: Amla contains vitamin C in excess which is good for overall health. For hair, you can use amla juice or powder and mix well with lemon juice. After the application let it dry on your scalp and wash off with lukewarm water.
All these above steps are meant to provide you better results, by locking the volume of your hair and promoting hair growth.
If these fail, next you can try out is the medications:
If the natural hair treatments fail, then you must have underlying diseases that cause permanent baldness. Medications help in reducing those diseases and promote hair growth. Two basic medications that usually fix baldness are:
- Minoxidil (Rogaine): Minoxidil is applied on your scalp twice a day to prevent hair fall. Following this for 16 straight brings shows results. It can be used by both men and women.Scalp irritation, rapid heart rate and unnatural hair growth on the adjacent skin are the probable side effects.
- Finasteride (Propecia): Finasteride is a strictly prescribed drug for men. It is a long process so one has to wait before getting any positive results. Minimum side effects are noticed like diminished sexual function and prostate cancer.
If medication does not heal your baldness, the last resort that you are left with is operation and expert treatment. The first stage is Laser Hair Therapy and the last is hair transplantation.
- Laser Hair Therapy
LHT is although a non-surgical approach but is a very successful way of treating baldness. In this process, laser diodes are set over your head and the laser light then hits the cells that are harmed and then repair them.
- Hair Transplant
This is very common these days. Basically, there are two processes; Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) depending upon the need of the patient.
In the FUT system, a strip of skin or hair is extracted from the back of the head and is planted into the grafts in the receptor section whereas in FUE the entire hair follicles are extracted from the donor area in order to transplant them in the receptor area.
There are several hair transplantation centers all over India. However, hair transplantation in Pune is one of the best destinations for hair transplantation.