Warning: DOMNode::insertBefore(): Document Fragment is empty in /home/tellanew/public_html/wp-content/themes/TAN-Theme/includes/wp_booster/td_module_single_base.php on line 496
Air conditioning systems are used in offices, homes, schools, and most buildings that people frequent. Yearly maintenance of AC systems lead to increased AC performance and lower energy consumption.Here are some important questions and answers related to heating and cooling.
- Need of air filter in AC unit
Air filters are a key component of an HVAC system. The filter acts as a protective layer which passes all the air handled by the HVAC system and catches natural particles like dust, mold and fungal spores, pet dander, fabric fibers, etc. Dirt is the #1 cause of breakdowns with AC and heating systems. Clogged, dirty filters block normal airflow and reduce a system’s efficiency significantly. Regular servicing of the air filter will improve your comfort and the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- How to reduce HVAC energy cost?
Energy costs fluctuate according to seasonal temperature changes. People spend far too much money on air conditioners to create a comfortable environment during seasonal temperature extremes. There are, however, some proactive steps you can take to reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Perform proper annual maintenance of your HVAC system.
- Change/clean air filters regularly
- Use ceiling fans to circulate air
- Adjust the temperature when you will be gone for more than a few hours.
- Block heat from outside of your home using curtains and windows during the summer season to make the home easier to cool.
- Upgrade to a high efficiency system
- How can we improve the efficiency of an HVAC system?
Proper maintenance is essential for an HVAC system to run efficiently. Air filters need to be cleaned and replaced regularly. It is advised to replace your system if:
- It is 7 years old or older
- AND requires frequent repairs
If your older system is operating without issue, then upgrading is not an immediate concern.
- How often should I change or clean the filter?
Every air filter and every air conditioning system are different, so this depends on several different factors. But here are some general tips.
- On average, 1” disposable filters should be changed every 1 – 3 months.
- If you have a thick, high-efficiency furnace filter, it could last 6 months to a year.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s recommendations for filter replacement times. Because there are so many different brands ands types, this is the most accurate way to determine when to change or clean your air filter.
A HVAC contractors Florence sc is the best resource for homeowners to answer questions regarding there HVAC system. D&L Inc in Florence, SC is a trusted provider of HVAC services and we provide highly qualified technicians to answer all heating and air questions. Contact us today!