PCOS – One Of The Major Causes Of Infertility
A woman experiences different stages in a lifetime and one of these stages is pregnancy. In India, pregnancy is often considered as a new chapter in the life of a woman pregnant. However, many women have difficulties in conceiving. The inability in getting pregnant or carrying a pregnancy to a complete term is termed as infertility. There are different reasons behind infertility in females. The most well-known issue that females have to deal with is PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome).
One Of The Main Reasons For Infertility Issues Is PCOS
PCOS, also known as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a common reason behind anovulation and infertility among women.
Some experts might even term this health condition as PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease), or PCO (Polycystic Ovaries). According to a few studies, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome affects around 10-15% of females who are in reproductive age group. It is an exceptionally normal issue nowadays.
The problem of infertility with polycystic ovaries is quite huge and women suffering from it often face a lot of difficulty in getting pregnant. They need proper treatment to enhance the chances of conceiving.
Females who have polycystic ovaries and infertility issues,
· They will not ovulate consistently.
· Their ovaries will contain numerous little cystic arrangements, around 2–9 mm in radius.
How Ovulation Functions Naturally?
· A developed follicle, also termed as cystic structure is produced amid an ordinary menstrual cycle.
· The developed follicle that is prepared to ovulate is of size around 18 to 28mm in radius.
· Around fourteen days after ovulation the woman should get a period if she isn’t pregnant.
· The main distinction among normal and polycystic ovaries is that although the polycystic ovaries consist of numerous small antral follicles with eggs in them, still the follicles fail to grow and develop effectively. So, no ovulation takes place in the woman.
· Females who are suffering from PCOS don’t ovulate consistently and don’t get normal menstrual cycle.
Major Symptoms Of PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
· Oligomenorrhea, or irregular menstrual cycles
· Amenorrhea – A complete absence of menstruation in some cases
· The beginning of excess development of hair on facial and body called as hirsutism
· Generally, have additional male hormone testosterone and androstenedione, which causes high testosterone levels in the blood.
Other Symptoms Of PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
· pelvic pain
· weight gain
Treatments For PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) Or Infertility Problem
· The patient must lead a healthy lifestyle for example exercise regularly, consume a healthy diet, control weight, and quit smoking, and stop alcohol consumption.
· Hormone therapy is the main treatment provided by the best gynaecologist in Mumbai West.
· To help you start to ovulate, the best gynecologists in Mumbai will give you right medicines that can also help with acne and excessive hair growth.
· Check-ups to catch any complications caused by PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), like uterine cancer, heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes.