“Anything we fully do is an alone journey” – Natalie Goldberg
The above quote from this New Age Author and Speaker is inspiring in all terms. It’s true that we come to this life due to our parents and nurture ourselves under them. But, there’s a point of time when we realize that all our journeys are separate from them. We realize it, eventually. None of us can deny that at least once in your life we have wanted to roam around the world and explore its lengths and breadths.
A self-exploring solo travel will let you come across various things of life. Probably, a rich experience will change your perspective of the world and help you in more than one way. We have listed the 15 benefits that you will love to experience on a solo trip. Or maybe more!
1. Meet new people – Of course, you’d be meeting many new people everyday, but connecting with travel buddies and local people feels something different and interesting at the same time.
2. Devour the books – Traveling solo may convince you to check the Facebook or Twitter account regularly, but there’s something else you can do. Yes, you can read the best books while traveling and enjoy it.
3. Know yourself – We know that you know yourself, but there are some issues, some subjects or topics that you aren’t able to think alone. On those solo trips, since you don’t get anyone buzzing around, you can learn more about yourself.
4. Guiltless rest – In a group, you will have to hurry from one place to another for catching up with others. On the other hand, you get the whole time to decide on your own whether you want to take rest, sleep or move ahead.
5. Zero stress – You are not in an office or home. You don’t need to report to anyone. Being carefree and ecstatic, you can rest for the whole time without any stress. In fact, it gives a great boost to your creative mind.
6. Follow passion – This is the time where you can do whatever you are so much passionate about, such as writing poetry or stories, prepare a business plan or any ingenious project. Just go for it!
7. Be happy – Freeing up your mind from daily chaos is definitely going to help you in the long run because you will feel happy about it. That anxiety, stress or depression that has been chasing you has no place in your life.
8. Improve communication skills – Okay, let’s accept you won’t be an overnight master of all languages, but you will surely learn a thing or two about other languages or at least ways of communication.
9. Impressive resume – Quite a few employers search for candidates who have good adaptability, communication and planning skills. You may be the one going to solo vacations who have an impressive resume with all these skills.
10. Be confident – With no strings attached, you will develop the confidence you have been lacking for a while. It makes you strong and efficient.
So, what are waiting for? Pack the rucksack and get ready!
Noah Daniel is a Digital Marketing Strategist and Solo Traveler who writes travel stories in articles, blogs and columns. After his experience in solo vacations, he has made a decision of going at least on one solo travel a year. His personal observations and experiences on solo trips has benefited him in many ways.